Why choose North Raleigh School of Music for your music lessons?
North Raleigh School of Music serves the Raleigh, Wake Forest, Durham, Cary, and all surrounding triangle areas. We are open 6 days a week with flexible teaching hours. Our students come from all over to learn from our expert teachers. We have the finest teaching staff in Raleigh!
We provide lessons and classes to all ages and levels including babies! When you are considering other schools, please consider why North Raleigh School of Music is the best school for you.
- Our teachers are the best in the area. – All of our teachers have degrees in music and most have graduate degrees. Our teachers are connected to the music community in various ways. Our teachers play in professional orchestras, bands, jazz bands, and sing in opera and musical theatre companies. Our teachers teach and direct music ensembles in school systems and local performance groups like the Triangle Youth Orchestra. Many of them participate, with their students, in competitions such as National Association Teachers of Singing and contest. Our teachers make music lessons number one.
- We teach many instruments. – We teach GUITAR, UKULELE, BASS GUITAR, VIOLIN, VIOLA, PIANO, DRUMS, FLUTE, SAXOPHONE, OBOE, TRUMPET, TUBA, TROMBONE, all BAND INSTRUMENTS, CELLO, and VOICE lessons.
- The location of our school is convenient. – We are centrally located and very close to North Hills at the Six Forks and Millbrook intersection in Raleigh.
- We are a family-run, tight-knit music school. – We know all of our students by name. Our students feel comfortable and safe to make music together as a community of learners.
- Performance Opportunities – We believe in performance as part of the music training experience. We have two in-house recitals a year, a musical in the summer, and perform at retirement homes, malls, and Wake County libraries.
5. We take our lessons very seriously. – In order for our students to learn the best playing techniques, our teachers participate in continuing education. We do workshops, teacher meetings, and observations throughout the year. We are motivated to give our students the top-notch education that they deserve.
6. Lesson Consultation – We provide a lesson consultation at the beginning of your experience with our school. We get to know you and your needs, take you on a tour of our state-of-the-art facility, give you the information packet, and we match you with one of our 14 highly qualified music teachers based on instrument, personality, your lesson time preference, and your musical goals.
7. State-of-the Art Facility – Our building is conveniently located, beautiful, decorated for the holidays, cozy with couches and lots of places to relax, big music studios to practice, huge windows, and there is a place for your young child to play with toys.
8. Lesson time flexibility is a priority. – We schedule lesson times around your schedule. We teach a lot of students with siblings and they are able to take lessons with different teachers at the same time. We have make up lessons with the individual teachers, NOT IN GROUP MAKEUP LESSONS like some other schools in the area.
9. Music Scholarship Program – We are developing a music scholarship program at our school. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn an instrument one-on-one or in a group setting. This has been a major goal for us since we started the school in 2012. If you would like to contribute to this project, please let us know!
10. Our students are the best students. – They have won competitions like the National Association Teachers of Singing competition in North Carolina. Our students have won first chair spots in their elementary, middle, and high school bands and orchestras. They are the leads in musicals. They perform in elite area ensembles. They have participated in summer music programs at Governors’ School, Cannon Music Camp, UNCGreensboro, Interlochen. They have gone on to become doctors, lawyers, scientists, and some have even become professional musicians!